As we all know, the condition of women is very worst in our country. That is why, prime minister Narendra Modi started this scheme ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ on 22nd, January 2015. The main aim of this movement is to aware of the people of our country. In our country, the female child is not safe and they are killed by people because of their superstitious mindset.
India has the second-largest population in the world and the population here still continues to grow. On the one hand, where the population is growing steadily in India, on the other hand, the proportion of girls in the country is decreasing. According to the census conducted in 2001, there were 927 girls per 1000 boys in the country. But according to the census done in 2011, the figure decreased to 918. You must have understood that girls have also the right to live like a boy.
Importance of Girl Child Education:
The status of girls’ education has been quite unfortunate in India since time immemorial. While many initiatives have been taken in the past by the government and some other organizations to improve the situation of the girl child, there are many more things to do in this direction to help the women in India lead a better quality of life.
One such initiative was taken by the Government of India three years ago. The objective of ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ campaign launched in the year 2015 by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi is not only to generate awareness about saving the girl child and the importance of girls’ education but also to ensure that the welfare services meant for girls are being delivered in an efficient manner.
Also Read: For your daughter, the government spent Money from her studies to marriage
The objective of the scheme is not only to prevent female feticide but also to ensure the protection of daughters. Nowadays, abusive crimes like rape and sexual harassment are increasing. The main purpose of this to stop these crimes and punish such criminals. In order to conduct the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao plan, the government of India has provided a fund of rupees 200 crores which is a very satisfying gesture on behalf of the government of the county. This is the better initiative by Govt.
The main Mission of BBBP Scheme:
- To save daughter child from killing by people. Daughter has also the right to live life like a boy.
- Also, secure their future by giving her education and secure life.
- Avoid doing sex differentiation between the girl and the boy child.
- Give them the right education like boys.
What is Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana:
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is one of the most important schemes being provided under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana. Under this scheme, a bank account is opening for all the daughters under 10 years of age. The minimum amount of 1000 rupees has to be deposit in this account, and an annual interest rate of 9.1 % will be provided by the government on the amount deposited in this bank account. Sukanya Yojana is provided by BBBP.
Benefits of BBBP Scheme:
- It aims to make the girl child independent.
- Through Beti Bachao Beti Padhao, the government aims to generate awareness of women’s issues.
- The government also wishes to improve the efficiency of the delivery of services for women
- The government has launched ‘Sukanya Samridhi Yojana’ for the benefit of Girl child. This scheme carries the highest interest, an 8.1% interest rate per annum. Parents of girl children aged between 2-10 years can open this account in the Post Office, with the maximum deposit limit being Rs. 1.50 lakhs per annum.
- The impact of the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme is visible in only 2 years from its launch date. However, the sex ratio has reportedly crossed up to 950 females per 1000 males.
- The number of women police officers has also increased from 6% to 8.5%.
- A large number of women are now free to join fields and careers of their own choices. These careers ranging from armed forces, science, journalism, sports, wrestling, engineering among others.
- The government is continually stressing on quality education for girls and encouraging parents to send their girl child to school.
Main Benefit of BBBP Scheme:
If you deposit the amount of 12000 rupees in this account per year under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme, you will collect Rs.168,000 in 14 years. But after the maturity of the account under the scheme, you will be provided 6 lakh 7 thousand 1 hundred rupees 28 rupees. On the other hand, if you deposit a maximum amount of Rs 1.5 lakh per annum for 14 years under the Beti Padhao plan, you will deposit a total of Rs 21 lakhs in this account. But when this account will mature, you will be given a grant of Rs. 72 lakhs under the BBBP Scheme.
Also Read: Apply for Apna CSC online Digital Seva Registration 2019
How To Apply ForBBBP Scheme:
Step 1 – Under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme, first of all, you have to open your daughter’s account in a nearby bank. Nearly all the banks of India, Open a bank account for daughters under the BBBP scheme.
Step 2 – After getting the bank account open, you will have to take the form of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana from the bank employee under Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana 2019 plan. And by filling that form together, followed by attaching the necessary documents, you can submit this form. Alternately, you can Click here to download the form of BBBP Scheme.
As we have already told you above that under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana scheme, Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is an important plan. Interest will be provided at the rate of 9.1% every year in the account opened under the BBBP Scheme.
BBBP Scheme has three levels:
BBBP Scheme provides money for higher education and marriage purposes to Girlchild. Indian Government set the 100 crores budget for this scheme. This plan is maintained under three Govt. level:
- National Level maintain by the national task force.
- State Level managed by the State task force.
- District Level managed by district collector.
What is the eligibility to get this scheme?
- A family should have a girl child. Without a girl child, this scheme is not beneficial for anyone.
- The girl child has Indian citizenship. The NRI’s child is not eligible for this scheme.
- The family should have open a bank account of SSA( Sukanya Samridhi Account).
Also Read: Why need Free Online Career Counselling
What are the main documents required?
- Girl’s birth certificate. The birth certificate is important to proof the age of girl child.
- Identity card of parents. The Identity card of parents will prove what is the relationship between girl and parents.
- Aadhar card is a must.
- Address proof for where you are living.
- Recent passport size photograph.
Who can manage Shukanya Samriddhi Account?
This account can be open by girl below 10 years of age and this account can manage by parents or guardians at the daughter below age. After that Girl can manage her own account.
Also read: Atal Pension Yojana NPS NSDL APY Online Scheme, Eligibility & Benefits
The special interesting feature of this account is yearly 9.1 interests will be given and the rate can also be increased in the future. A Minimum deposit of account is Rs 100 per year (it is Mandatory) otherwise the account will close.