Agneepath Scheme UPSC:- Scheme Agneepath The Indian government established UPSC in an effort to entice eligible persons to join the Indian Armed Forces. The Cabinet Committee on Security approved the experimental program to determine public interest in participating in the “tour of duty”. Young Indians can apply for admission to the Indian Army, Indian Navy, and Indian Air Force under the Agneepath Scheme UPSC. Those who fulfill the conditions can be recruited for a four-year tenure in the armed forces.
What is the Agneepath Scheme UPSC?
The notion of a “tour of duty” in the Indian armed forces has garnered significant attention recently. On May 14, 2022, the Cabinet Committee on Security introduced the Agneepath Scheme UPSC, which aims to give young Indian people the opportunity to join the military.
The chance to be recruited into the Indian Army, Indian Navy, and Indian Air Force—three of the most prestigious combat services—will be available to anyone who fulfills the program’s eligibility standards. In the four years since the central government announced the Agneepath Scheme UPSC, about 50,000 troops have been recruited for the armed forces. “Agniveers” are the candidates who are eligible for the program. Candidates will receive four years of military training.
Following their training, 25% of the Agniveers will be retained, with the remaining Agniveers exhibiting a preference for employment in state government departments, including state police, Assam rifles, and CAPF.
Agneepath Scheme UPSC Objectives
The Agneepath Scheme UPSC’s primary goal is to encourage and enable more young people to complete their education and acquire skills in order to improve their career prospects. Citizens can find greater employment chances in the government sector with the assistance of the Agneepath Scheme UPSC.
- The younger generation in India has the potential to improve their military readiness and battle readiness.
- Young people in the country who are very patriotic and very dedicated find it easy to enlist in the military.
- Candidates can acquire a variety of life skills as well as traits like discipline, work ethic, and vigor through the program, which can ultimately make them valuable assets for the nation.
- For a certain time, candidates are permitted to serve their country in an honorable uniform.
- More young minds are inspired to enlist in the military since the Agneepath Scheme UPSC offers numerous incentives.
- Young brains assist in achieving technological needs.
Agneepath Scheme UPSC Eligibility
Candidates must meet the eligibility standards established by the organizing organization in order to be eligible for the Agneepath Scheme UPSC. Age restrictions, educational requirements, and other requirements are part of the eligibility criteria for the program.
- The age range for candidates must be between 17.5 and 23 years old. The higher age limit for 2022–2023 recruiting was raised from 21 to 23 years old.
- Agniveers need to meet the physical requirements established by the army. For them to join the armed forces, they must be in good medical standing.
- A reputable board has to certify them.
- A minimum of 50% in class 10+2 is required of candidates.
Agneepath Scheme UPSC Qualification: Post-Wise
UPSC’s Agneepath Scheme offers a variety of postings, each with unique qualifying standards. To be advertised in the roles and positions for which they wish to be recruited, candidates must meet certain educational requirements. The official notification for each employment vacancy will contain the various qualifications.
|SSLC/Matric with an aggregate of 45% marks
|Non-Matric/Intermediate Exam passed in Science with Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and English as compulsory subjects.
|Non-Matric/Intermediate Exam passed in any streams (Science/Arts/Commerce) with a minimum overall aggregate of 50% and 40% in each subject.
|Non-Matric/Intermediate Exam passed in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English, with a minimum overall aggregate of 50% and 40% in each subject.
|Soldier Tradesman – Specified Duties
|Soldier Tradesman – General Duties
Also Read:- Nrega Job Card New List
Agneepath Scheme UPSC Salary
Agniveers are the applicants who meet the requirements for the Agneepath Scheme UPSC, as previously indicated. In the beginning, Agniveers will receive a minimum salary of INR 30,000. Over the course of the four-year service term, the pay and perks will progressively rise to INR 40,000.
Thirty percent of the salary will be preserved through the Seva Nidhi plan, which was introduced during the period. The fund will receive monthly contributions from the government in addition to interest. Agniveers will receive INR 11.71 lakhs (excl. tax) at the conclusion of the 4-year service tenure. A life insurance policy of INR 48 lakhs will also be given to them.
Should an unlucky event result in a candidate’s death, the family will be compensated with over INR 1 crore, which also includes payment for the time the individual was not present. 25% of the personnel who were pre-selected for the military will not receive any retirement benefits for their prior four years of service. In such circumstances, they won’t be eligible for pensions or gratuities.
|Monthly Package (Customised)
|In Hand (70%)
|Agniveer Corpus Fund Contribution (30%)
|Contribution to GoI Corpus Fund
|Total Contribution to Agniveer Corpus Fund After 4 Years: INR 5.02 Lakhs
|Seva Nidhi Package After Exit of 4-year Contract: INR 11.71 Lakhs (Plus Interest and Exemption from Incom Tax)
Also Read:- CG Bhuiya
Q. What role does the UPSC’s Agnipath scheme play?
Ans- The ‘Agnipath program allows for the short-term four-year contract recruitment of around 45,000 personnel into the Army, Navy, and Air Force in the first year. A quarter of them will remain in the forces after the contract is finished, and the remaining ones will depart.
Q. What guidelines govern the Agneepath Scheme?
Ans- The only way to enlist in the military is through the Agnipath Scheme. The Agniveers enlist for a four-year term that consists of 3.5 years of deployment after six months of training. They will be able to apply to stay in the military once they resign from active duty.
Q. What distinguishing characteristics of the Agnipath scheme UPSC?
Ans- Principal components of the Agneepath plan:
- It is an all-Indian national method of recruitment based on marriage.
- The position has a four-year term.
- Possibility of acting as an accomplice in the armed forces.
- attractive Seva Nidhi package with monthly emoluments.
- There is a 100% chance to apply for enrollment for life.
Suggested Link:- Our Jharkhand