Digital India Portal Registration 2022-23: Digital India Portal is a website launched by the government which aims to provide an opportunity for retailers to access various web-based services to serve their customers at low investment costs through Digital India Portal.
Digital India Portal benefits its consumers to build a licensed network of general mom-and-pop stores located in the consumers’ neighbourhood. These licenses are equipped with a multi-functional terminal, which is connected to the service provider server and executes transactions on a real-time basis. The Digital India portal has an agreement with the service providers and is authorized to issue legally valid reservations and receipts to the consumers. It is owned by experts who have been in the e-government service industry since 2017.
Digital India Portal Registration 2022-23: डिजिटल इंडिया पोर्टल सरकार द्वारा शुरू की गई एक वेबसाइट है जिसका उद्देश्य खुदरा विक्रेताओं को डिजिटल इंडिया पोर्टल के माध्यम से कम निवेश लागत पर अपने ग्राहकों की सेवा करने के लिए विभिन्न वेब-आधारित सेवाओं तक पहुंचने का अवसर प्रदान करना है।
डिजिटल इंडिया पोर्टल उपभोक्ताओं के पड़ोस में स्थित सामान्य मॉम-एंड-पॉप स्टोर्स का एक लाइसेंस प्राप्त नेटवर्क बनाने के लिए अपने उपभोक्ताओं को लाभान्वित करता है। ये लाइसेंस एक बहु-कार्यात्मक टर्मिनल से लैस हैं, जो सेवा प्रदाता सर्वर से जुड़ा है और वास्तविक समय के आधार पर लेनदेन निष्पादित करता है। डिजिटल इंडिया पोर्टल का सेवा प्रदाताओं के साथ एक समझौता है और उपभोक्ताओं को कानूनी रूप से वैध आरक्षण और रसीदें जारी करने के लिए अधिकृत है। यह उन विशेषज्ञों के स्वामित्व में है जो 2017 से ई-सरकारी सेवा उद्योग में हैं।
Purpose of Digital India Portal
Some of the main goals seen at the time of the launch of the portal are as follows:-
- The portal connects the middle and lower sections of the community so that they can take full advantage of the service.
- Provide delivery services so that people can get comprehensive services.
- So make sure as many people as possible can take advantage of it.
- And it also provides an electronic payment system for the benefit of the people.
- Most of the electronic services are provided by telecom operators.
- You can also avail of insurance services and pay bills through this portal.
- There are also many applications and services related to PAN cards and Aadhar cards. This also increases employment opportunities.
The Vision of the Digital India Portal
- Empowering youth with entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Creating and contributing innovative products and solutions to a vast audience.
- So be the first and largest “Fast Moving Consumer Services” company in India.
- To be the most preferred solution provider in the field of travel and IT-related services.
- Ensuring inclusive growth in areas like electronic services, products etc.
The Mission of the Digital India Portal
- Connect the middle and low-income groups and provide them with world-class service.
- Bring convenience to the doorstep of the consumer and access a diverse range of services through a vibrant delivery mechanism.
- Receive maximum profit, allowing all parties to ensure the success of the system.
- Providing successful electronic payment solutions and services for telecom operators and utility operators within the region.
- So it also provides a manual to use services like vehicle insurance, electricity bill, PAN and Aadhaar-related services, BHIM app, GST etc.
- And to create employment opportunities for the middle and low-income groups.
Services Provided By Digital India Portal
There are the following services that come under the digital India portal:
- Pan Card.
- Mobile And DTH Recharge.
- Electricity Bill.
- Digital Signature.
- Vehicle Insurance.
- Voter Id Card.
- Shopping Portal.
- Job Portal.
- Account Opening.
- AEPS and DTM.
Digital India Portal App
The Digital India Mobile App is a mobile-based application developed to provide easy information on the Digital India program through smartphones and other mobile devices. Through this app, you can access the latest status, quizzes, contests and discussion forums. Registered users will be able to know about any updates on the Digital India portal through a pop-up.
How to register on Digital India Portal?
The candidates who wish to register on the Digital India portal need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of Digital India Portal.
- The applicant has to go to the home page of the website of the Digital India Portal.
- Then click on the “Franchise Registration” option on the home page.
- A page appears with ‘Contact Franchise Form’. There are various fields in the form which you need to fill with the details. Below is a list of the fields mentioned in the form.
- Name of applicant
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Applicant’s address
- Pin Code
- Retailer’s store name
- Present Occupation
- After filling the form with all the required details, you need to upload documents like an Aadhaar card, PAN card, photograph and digital signature.
- You need to click on the buttons given under each of these categories to upload the documents. The files should be in JPG format of 300 dpi (dots per inch) size.
- Click on the submit button and submit the application form.
- You will receive the User ID and Password within 24 to 48 hours in the registered e-mail ID.
- You can then start using the Digital India portal by logging in with your User ID and Password.
Benefits of Digital India Portal
The main benefits of the Digital India Portal are given below:
- To build digital infrastructure and electronic manufacturing in India.
- Provide all government services electronically.
- Help the government in providing benefits and subsidies to the beneficiaries.
- Spread digital literacy and empower citizens.
- Connect every village and city in India and help them access government and financial services through mobile phones and the Internet.
- Reduce corruption related to government services.
- Provide services easy and free.
- Helps reduce documentation and leads to paperless work.
- Then provide a unique digital identification system that will verify the end user.
How to log in to Digital India Portal?
To login to the Digital India portal, follow the given steps:
- Visit the official website of Digital India Portal.
- Click on the Login option.
- Then a screen will open in front of you.
- Now fill in your details and click on Sign In.
Commission list of Digital India Portal
- Transition of ₨ 500 – 3000 = .30℅
- Transition of ₨ 3001 – 5000 = ₨12℅
- The transition of ₨ 5001 – 10000= ₨18℅
DTMCharge = 10/-
- A/C Opening Commission= ₨40/-
- Recharge = 3℅ – 7℅
- Electricity Bill Payment = 1℅
- 2/4 Wheeler Insurance = 10℅ – 20℅
The process to download the form on Digital India Portal
If you want to download any service form with the help of this portal then follow the steps given below:-
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of the Digital India Portal.
- And on the home page of the portal, you will see the option of download, click on it.
- After clicking, a new page will open. So on this page, you will see a list of services. You can download it by clicking on the service for which you want to download the form.
Challenges of Digital India
The Government of India has taken an initiative through Digital India Mission to connect rural areas of the country with high-speed internet networks. Apart from the various initiatives taken by Digital India, it faces many challenges.
Some of the challenges and drawbacks of Digital Mission are mentioned below:
- Daily Internet speeds, as well as Wi-Fi hotspots, are slow compared to other developed countries.
- Most small and medium-scale industries have to struggle a lot to adopt new modern technology.
- The limited capacity of entry-level smartphones for smooth Internet access.
- Lack of skilled manpower in the field of digital technology.
- To seek around one million cyber security experts to investigate and monitor the growing threat of digital crime.
- Lack of user education.
Digital India Initiative
The government has taken several initiatives under the Digital India campaign. Discussed below are some such important initiatives:
- DigiLockers – This flagship initiative aims at ‘Digital Empowerment of citizens by providing them access to authentic digital documents in the digital document wallet of citizens.
- E-Hospital – It is a Hospital Management Information System (HMIS) which is the only solution to connect patients, hospitals and doctors through a single digital platform. 420 e-hospitals have been established till February 2021 under the Digital India campaign
- e-Pathshala – Developed by NCERT, e-Pathshala displays and disseminates all educational e-resources including textbooks, audio, videos, magazines and many other prints and non-print materials through the website and mobile app.
- BHIM – Bharat Interface for Money is an app that makes payment transactions simple, easy and quick using the Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
Impact of Digital India Campaign
Since its launch in 2015, the Digital India campaign has made an impact in various fields:
- Around 12000 post office branches in rural areas have been connected electronically.
- The make in India initiative has improved the electronic manufacturing sector in India
- Digital India plan could boost GDP to $1 trillion by 2025
- The healthcare and education sector has also seen a boom
- Improvement in online infrastructure will increase the country’s economy
Digital India’s mission mainly focuses on three areas and nine pillars
- To provide digital infrastructure as a source of utility to every citizen.
- Governance and services on demand.
- To look after the digital empowerment of every citizen.
Digital India was established with a vision of inclusive growth in the areas of electronic services, products, manufacturing and job opportunities.
DIP or Digital India aims to provide much-needed thrust to the nine pillars of growth sectors. Each of these areas is a complex program in itself and is divided into several ministries and departments. The nine pillars of Digital India are given below:
It consists of three sub-components, namely
- Broadband for All – Rural
- Broadband for All – Urban and National Information Infrastructure (NII).
Universal Access for Mobile Connectivity
This initiative focuses on filling the gaps in network penetration and connectivity in the country.
Public Internet Access Program
The two sub-components of the Public Internet Access Program are in the form of Common Service Centers (CSCs) and Post Office Multi-Service Centers.
Reforms in Government through Technology- Government Process Re-engineering using IT to make government processes simpler and more efficient, for transformation to make the delivery of government services in various government domains more effective important and hence it needs to be implemented by all. Ministry/Department.
E-Kranti – Electronic Delivery of Services
To improve the delivery of public services and simplify the process of accessing them. In this regard, several e-governance initiatives have been taken by various state governments and central ministries to usher in an era of e-governance. E-governance in India has evolved steadily from the computerization of government departments to initiatives that incorporate the finer points of governance, such as citizen centricity, service orientation and transparency.
Information for all
The purpose of this column is to ensure transparency and availability of reliable data generated by the concerned Ministries for use, reuse and redistribution to the people of India.
This pillar focuses on promoting electronics manufacturing in the country.
IT for Jobs
This pillar focuses on providing training to the youth in the skills required to avail employment opportunities in the IT/ITES sector.
Early Harvest Program
This pillar consists of a bunch of various short-term projects which have an immediate impact on the Indian digital ecosystem such as IT platforms for mass messaging, crowdsourcing of e-greetings, biometric attendance in government offices, all universities In Wi-Fi etc.
FAQs on Digital India Portal Registration 2022-23
What is Digital India and what is its motto?
Digital India is an initiative of the Government of India that aims to improve online infrastructure and increase internet connectivity. The motto of Digital India is “Empowering Shakti”.
What are the nine pillars of Digital India?
The nine pillars of Digital India are Broadband Highways, Universal Access for Mobile Connectivity, Public Internet Access Programme, E-Governance: Reforming Government Through Technology, E-Kranti – Electronic Delivery of Services, Information for All, Electronics Manufacturing, for Jobs IT and early harvest programme. Each of these areas is a complex program in itself and is divided into several ministries and departments.
What is the objective of Digital India?
Digital infrastructure creation, digital delivery of services and digital literacy are the three main components of the Digital India initiative. Its main objective is to provide high-speed internet to every part of the country and to improve the online infrastructure.
What are the important initiatives under Digital India?
Important initiatives under Digital India include:
- e-health campaign
- e-education campaign
- E-Kranti (Electronic Delivery of Services)
- BHIM – UPI Portal
Who started Digital India?
Digital India was launched on 1 July 2015 by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.