PMJJBY Scheme Details:- A renewable one-year term life cover of Rs. 2 Lakh, covering death due to any cause, is available to all bank account holders in the 18–50 age range from PMJJBY for an annual premium of Each subscriber will have Rs. 330 automatically taken out of their bank account.
PMJJBY Scheme Details Overview
A brief synopsis of the PMJJBY Scheme Details is provided here.
|Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana Scheme
1st June 2015
|Provide affordable life insurance coverage to individuals for financial security
|Renewable one-year term life insurance plan.
|Individuals aged 18 to 50 years with an active savings bank account.
|Rs. 2 lakhs
|Visit participating bank branches, fill out the form, provide auto-debit consent, and maintain balance.
|The policy can be renewed annually until the policyholder reaches the age of 55 years.
|Policy can be renewed annually until the policyholder reaches the age of 55 years.
Also Read:- JK Mission Youth
What are the PMJJBY Scheme Details?
The government-sponsored PMJJBY life insurance program provides coverage for a reasonable yearly premium. This program recognizes that traditional life insurance may be too expensive for families that are struggling financially. In order to tackle this problem, the Indian government launched the PMJJBY program, which aims to provide access to life insurance for people from a variety of financial backgrounds.
PMJJBY Scheme Details
An insurance program called PMJJBY provides life insurance coverage for deaths caused by any cause. The cover is renewable annually and lasts for one year. Run by life insurance companies, the program is available through banks and post offices. Anyone between the ages of 18 and 50 who has an account at a participating bank or post office is eligible to participate.
Features of PMJJBY Scheme Details
Banks or post offices that participate can be Master policyholders. The insurance cover will begin on June 1st, whichever comes first, or on the date the insured member enrolls in the scheme. It will remain in effect until May 31st of the subsequent year.
A single payment for the premium will be deducted from the account holder’s bank or post office account, based on the option selected at the time of scheme enrollment.
When a new member enrolls in the scheme, no claim will be admissible if death (other than accident-related death) occurs within the first 30 days of the scheme’s enrollment date (lien period). Insurance coverage will also not be available for death (other than accident-related death).
Under section 80C of the Income Tax Act, the premium paid for the policy is tax deductible.
There are no surrender or maturity benefits in this plan.
Also Read:- PM Kusum Yojana
How to Enroll for the PMJJBY Scheme Details
The enrollment process for this scheme has been simplified and made easy to understand.
- Both LIC (Life Insurance Corporation of India) and private life insurance firms in India are in charge of PMJJBY administration. If a bank has relationships with insurance companies, individuals can also get in touch with their respective bankers to begin the enrollment process.
- An individual can only sign up for the scheme using a single bank account, even if they have multiple accounts with one or more banks.
- If you would like to enroll in the scheme right away, you can still do so because you can renew the plan at any time of the year for the full premium—not just the proportionate amount. Nonetheless, all subscribers will renew on June 1st, which remains the same date.
- Enrollment is recommended as soon as possible to ensure full-year coverage. You can rejoin the program by paying the annual premium, even if you have already left it at any point.
Pro Rata Premium Payment
The premium will decrease based on the number of months left in the policy term if you purchase the policy after May. The pro-rata premium, depending on the month of policy purchase, is displayed in the table below.
|June, July, and August
|December, January, and February
Rs. 436 (Full premium)
|December, January, and February
|December, January and February
|March, April and May
All subscribers in the 18–50 age range are eligible for a ₹ 2.00 Lakh one-year term life insurance policy from PMJJBY. It includes death from any cause. The ₹ 436/-annual premium that each subscriber must pay will be automatically deducted from their bank or post office account.
- 1. The candidate’s age must fall between 18 and 50 years old.
- The applicant must have a personal bank or post office account.
This is a list of the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana’s exclusions.
- For the first thirty days following enrollment, non-accidental death will not be covered by insurance if you are a new member. Claims will not be accepted in the event of a non-accidental death during this period.
- made an attempt at suicide while under the influence of drugs.
- deliberate harm to oneself or suicide
- breaking the law, whether or not with malicious intent
Coverage benefits of the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana scheme
The primary advantages of the PMJJBY scheme are as follows.
- You are eligible to receive tax exemption for the premiums you pay towards a PMJJBY policy under the terms of the Income Tax Act.
- By connecting a bank account, paying the premium, and submitting a current health certificate, you can temporarily withdraw from this program and re-enter it at a later time.
- In the event of the insured’s death, the policy offers a lump sum of Rs. 2 lakhs, which is fully tax-free. The claim procedure is also simple.
- Regardless of your age, the policy only requires a premium payment of Rs. 436.
- The policy premium will be automatically deducted from your account at renewal time, so you won’t need to remember to renew it every year.
How to check PMJJBY policy status online
You can use the procedures listed below to check the status of your PMJJBY policy online.
- Step 1: Open your Internet banking account by logging onto your bank’s official website.
- Step 2: Enter your bank account number in the PMJJBY section.
- Step 3: Next, to view its details, enter your PMJJBY application number and click submit.
How to download my Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana policy certificate online
The steps for downloading a policy certificate under the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana may vary slightly depending on the bank. Nevertheless, this is the general procedure.
- Step 1: Go to the internet page of your bank and log in to your account.
- Step 2: Choose “social security schemes” from the insurance drop-down menu by clicking on it.
- Take UID as an example, and enter your UID number to confirm.
- Step 4: Next, enter information about the nominee, your name, account number, and so on. The next item to be checked is the “Declaration of Good Health” box.
- Step 5: Following the successful registration of your PMJJBY certificate, you will be taken to a page containing all of the details about your policy.
Online PMJJBY claim registration and settlement procedure
In case you are a nominee under a PMJJBY scheme, follow these steps to obtain the cash payout.
- Step 1: Go to the website of the bank account linked to the PMJJBY policy and submit the death certificate of the account holder in the sad event of their passing.
- Step 2: Fill out the claim form that you downloaded or got from the bank.
- Step 3: Attach copies of any relevant paperwork, such as the death certificate, bank account information, cheque cancellations, etc.
When you file a claim, the bank will review all of the supporting documentation and approve the insurance provider. The insurance company will recheck the submitted documents to ensure their authenticity. The insurance company will transfer the entire amount to your bank account (the nominee’s bank account) after all the documentation has been verified.
Also Read:- Karnataka Janasevaka Scheme
PMJJBY fax number and address
If you need help enrolling in or receiving benefits from a PMJJBY scheme, please get in touch with the Indian government’s Department of Financial Services. Their fax number and address are listed below.
- Financial Services Department
- Financial Ministry
- Third Level, Jeevan Deep Structure
- Marg Sansad
- Fax numbers: 23742207, 23360250 (Banking Division), 23344605 (Ins.), New Delhi – 110001
Q. What is the benefit of Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Yojana?
Ans- In the event of the insured person’s untimely death, PMJJBY offers the policy beneficiary death coverage of Rs 2,00,000. PMJJBY does not provide a maturity or surrender benefit because it is a pure-term insurance plan.
Q. How much amount is given in PM Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana?
Ans- A renewal term insurance policy, PMJJBY offers the most economical premium rate of Rs. 330 per year in exchange for an annual life insurance coverage of Rs. 2,00,000 in the event of the policyholder’s death.
Q. What is the maturity period of Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Yojana?
Ans- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana – ABC is also known as the PMJJBY Scheme.
The Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Yojana has a maturity age of 55 years, which means that if an insured person reaches this age, their insurance coverage will end. A valid AADHAR card is needed in order to apply for this policy.
Q. How do I file a claim under PMJJBY?
Ans- The nominee (or, if the nominee is a minor, his or her appointee1), and, in the event that no nomination is made or the nominee predeceases the insured member, the claimant2 legal heirs of the insured, must submit the claim-cum-discharge form to the concerned bank as soon as the insured member passes away.
Suggested Link:- Mobile Number Tracker Online