West Bengal Digital Ration Card: A ration card is a basic legal document used for identity and address verification. Mainly ration card was used to get the household requirements at a subsidized rate so that all the people can be benefited from the government schemes. Normal ration cards are being converted into digital ration cards in West Bengal. Now the new West Bengal Digital Ration Card has been given to the people in the state.
In Hindi: राशन कार्ड एक बुनियादी कानूनी दस्तावेज है जिसका उपयोग पहचान और पते के सत्यापन के लिए किया जाता है। मुख्य रूप से राशन कार्ड का उपयोग घरेलू आवश्यकताओं को रियायती दर पर प्राप्त करने के लिए किया जाता था ताकि सभी लोगों को सरकारी योजनाओं का लाभ मिल सके। पश्चिम बंगाल में सामान्य राशन कार्डों को डिजिटल राशन कार्डों में बदला जा रहा है। अब राज्य में लोगों को नया पश्चिम बंगाल डिजिटल राशन कार्ड दिया गया है।
Also, Read- Delhi Rojgar Mela, Objectives, Benefits and Required Documents… Read More
Below are the eligibility criteria to apply for the new West Bengal Digital Ration Card:
- Applicant should not have a ration card
- Recently married couples in West Bengal can apply
- Applicants having temporary ration cards or previous expiry cards can apply for new digital ration card
The following documents are required to be submitted to obtain a digital ration card of West Bengal:
- A passport-size photograph of the head of the household is required
- Photo ID Proof (Voter ID Card, Aadhaar Card, Driving License)
- Residential Address Proof (Electricity Bill, Water Bill, etc.)
- Details of all the members of the household
- Income certificate for all the family members
How to Download WB Ration Card Online?
To download your West Bengal Ration Card online, you need to follow the steps given below-
- Visit the West Bengal Food and Supplies Department’s official website.
- Select the option called ‘Official Purpose’.
- Click on the option ‘Official Login’
- Enter your User ID and Password, and answer the security question.
- Click on the ‘Login’ option.
- After completing the above steps, you will show your ration card details. You will also see the option to save it in PDF format so that you can print and use it.
How to apply offline for a ration card in West Bengal?
If you opt for offline mode, you need to follow the steps given below:
- If you want to apply offline for West Bengal Ration Card, then you have to visit your nearest service centre or ration shop with all the required documents as proof.
- Then you have to submit them along with the duly filled copy of your ration card application form to the concerned authorities.
- You can either obtain the ration card application form from the service centre or ration shop or download a copy from the internet.
- Also, if your documents are verified and found correct, your ration card will dispatch within one month to the address provided by you.
Online Process to Apply for New Ration Card
To apply for a new digital ration card in West Bengal, the user needs to follow the steps given below:
- Applicant should visit the official website of the Food and Supplies Department, Government of West Bengal
- On the home page, under the Features menu, click on the “View Form” option.
- Then click on Apply for Ration Card link to download the application form. The application form is below for reference:
- Fill in all the required details in the application form like details of family members.
- After filling out the application form, the applicant has to submit it along with the required documents to the nearest ration card office. Then collect application no.
Suggested Link:- National Scholarship Portal