Digital Health ID Card: Digitization has revolutionized the way we transact and do business in India. And, the healthcare ecosystem is not far behind in adopting technology and digitized healthcare. In an effort to digitize the healthcare system in the country, the central government has launched the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) or the National Digital Health Mission (NDHM). The objective of the mission is to issue digital health ID cards to all citizens in the country and help hospitals, insurance providers and health ID cardholders to access health records online in a safe and secure environment.
In Hindi: डिजिटलीकरण ने भारत में हमारे लेन-देन और व्यापार करने के तरीके में क्रांति ला दी है। और, हेल्थकेयर इकोसिस्टम टेक्नोलॉजी और डिजिटाइज्ड हेल्थकेयर को अपनाने में भी पीछे नहीं है। देश में स्वास्थ्य सेवा प्रणाली को डिजिटल बनाने के प्रयास में, केंद्र सरकार ने आयुष्मान भारत डिजिटल मिशन (एबीडीएम) या राष्ट्रीय डिजिटल स्वास्थ्य मिशन (एनडीएचएम) लॉन्च किया है। मिशन का उद्देश्य देश के सभी नागरिकों को डिजिटल हेल्थ आईडी कार्ड जारी करना है और अस्पतालों, बीमा प्रदाताओं और हेल्थ आईडी कार्डधारकों को सुरक्षित और सुरक्षित वातावरण में स्वास्थ्य रिकॉर्ड ऑनलाइन एक्सेस करने में मदद करना है।
What is Digital Health ID Card?
A digital health ID card is a digital identity card that contains identifying data (such as health records) about the cardholder. Health ID card is used for a hassle-free process to digitally access and share the health records of the cardholder.
Who can Apply?
Anyone interested in creating a Digital Health ID and wishing to make their medical records available electronically should create a Digital ID Card.
What is this?
Digital Health ID is a randomly generated unique 14-digit number used to identify, verify and access individuals’ health records (only with their consent) across various healthcare stakeholders and systems.
How to Apply?
Health ID is created using the basic details of a person and an Aadhaar or mobile number. Through this digital ID, cardholders have the option of digitally linking all their health records.
How does it work?
The card enables the cardholder to interact with verified healthcare providers and healthcare professionals and obtain medical prescriptions, lab reports and diagnostics.
Why do you need to make a Digital Health ID Card?
Digital Health ID Card makes it easy to securely access, share and manage your medical records digitally. With Digital Health Card, your medical records store in a safe and secure environment as compared to physical or traditional medical documents.
Here are some of the benefits of a Digital Health ID Card.
- Access your digital card conveniently through the mobile app.
- Manage and share relevant records for participating facilities, health professionals and health care centres.
- Option to deactivate/delete Digital Health ID.
- Personal medical records are an easily accessible, reliable, and secure environment.
Benefits of Digital Health ID Card
- Digital Health Records: Access your health records that track admission, treatment and discharge. All this in a paperless experience.
- Personal Health Record (PHR): Option to link your PHR to a Digital Health ID to generate a long-term health history.
- Access to Digi Doctors: Health ID enables access to verified Digi Doctors in a secure environment.
- Secure and Private: The digital platform has developed strong security and encryption mechanisms. Your consent requires each time your PHR access.
- Consent-based access: Only after your informed consent, is your health data sharing with relevant participants. You also have the option to manage and revoke consent.
- Easy Signup Process: You can create your Health ID Card using only your basic details along with your Aadhaar or Mobile Number.
- Voluntary Opt-in and Opt-out: There is no compulsion to apply for a Health ID card. You can participate of your own free will, and it is voluntary. You can always opt out and request the erasure of your data.
Suggested Link:- Our Jharkhand