MGNREGA Scheme:- The Congress government introduced the MNREGA plan in an effort to provide financial assistance to the nation’s impoverished families. But rather than being run nationally, the current BJP government is in charge of putting it into action. Through this program, jobs are provided to residents in rural areas, preventing them from having to leave their villages. Every state in the country is implementing this program, which is highly helpful to the populace. Millions of people throughout the nation have profited from the MNREGA program thus far. With this article, we will give you knowledge on the MNREGA program today on topics like the MGNREGA Yojana and MNREGA job cards. The scheme’s objectives, features and advantages, qualifying requirements, necessary paperwork, and application procedures for the job card.
MGNREGA Scheme 2024
The Indian government has positioned the MNREGA program as a job guarantee program. On September 7, 2005, the Assembly passed the plan. After that, 200 districts launched the MNREGA program on February 2, 2006. The Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act replaced the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (NREGA NREGA) as the official name of the MGNREGA Yojana on October 2, 2009.
The only program in the world that assures inhabitants of 100 days of work is MNREGA. The purpose of the program was to give the unemployed and underprivileged households in the country a way to survive. For the fiscal year 2010–11, the central government set out Rs 40,100 crore to carry out this program. This program works to stop low-income individuals from leaving their gram panchayat by giving them jobs inside the community, hence reducing their likelihood of leaving. To obtain employment under this plan, an individual must first register. The MGNREGA job card comes with a 100-day employment guarantee after membership.
Information about the MGNREGA Scheme
|Name of the scheme
|By the Government of India
|Start of scheme
|2 February 2006
|Unemployed citizens of the country
|Providing employment to people living in rural areas near the place of residence
|100 days employment guarantee
|Central government scheme
MGNREGA Scheme’s purpose
The Government of India launched the MNREGA initiative with the primary goal of giving rural residents 100 days of work close to where they live. By offering jobs at the gram panchayat level through this initiative, it can improve the villagers’ standard of living, ensure their social inclusion, and prevent them from migrating to other cities. This program builds the infrastructure needed to improve the rural impoverished people’s standard of living. The MNREGA scheme’s primary objectives are to fortify India’s Panchayati Raj institutions and integrate the weaker segments of society into the mainstream.
What is the MNREGA job card?
The main document required to obtain employment that identifies a working person is the MNREGA job card. The local gram panchayat is the registered user of the MNREGA job card, as per the plan. This employment card includes information about candidates living in the house, the name of the registered individual, and the NREGA registration number, among other things. The NREGA job card serves as a documentary certificate that attests to the workers’ rights. The NREGA job card guarantees procedural openness to prevent worker fraud and enables members of rural households to apply for jobs in the gram panchayat in their community. NREGA job cards can also be used to finish KYC at post offices and banks in order to create an account.
Provision of the MGNREGA Scheme
- Under the MNREGA program, individuals from low-income rural households can receive 100 days of work.
- Those with MNREGA job cards are eligible for unemployment benefits after a 14-day term of unemployment. Establishing jobs where people currently reside is one way that rural communities try to keep their population from moving elsewhere.
- Workers under the MNREGA scheme receive job cards from their Gramme Panchayat. This program features a provision that allows both men and women to get a 1/3 portion reservation.
- The Ministry of Rural Development is in charge of running the MNREGA program. Under MNREGA, a worker receives more than 10% of his prescribed compensation if his place of employment is more than five kilometers from his home.
- Workers’ daily earnings differ depending on the state. By boosting the rural poor’s means of subsistence, this program aims to enhance rural infrastructure.
Benefits and characteristics of the MGNREGA Scheme
- MNREGA provides 100 days of guaranteed employment for unskilled labor to all rural residents.
- Under this approach, low-income individuals in rural areas find work near their residences. If the applicant applies for a job card and gets one within 15 days of doing so, they will be promised 100 days of work. This is the only need for them to benefit from the plan.
- Direct bank account deposits of wages are made to employees. This plan aims to discourage migration to other cities by creating jobs at the gram panchayat level.
- An individual is only allotted 100 days of work per year under the MNREGA plan, and his workload is correspondingly reduced.
- Holders of NREGA job cards are paid for their daily labor based on the state. A person is utilized for nine hours a day under the MNREGA plan, plus one hour of respite. That is to say, the laborers are only required to work 8 hours under this arrangement.
- The MNREGA card must be made in order to prevent fraud. The Indian government has created MNREGA cards for all those who wish to participate in this program. Every laborer in the nation works under the MNREGA program.
- Every individual, regardless of class, state, caste, or religion, receives an equal amount of work under this program.
- In the event that an individual sustains catastrophic injuries or accidents while working under MNREGA, the government would cover all of his medical expenses. The nation’s development has advanced as a result of this program.
Also Read:- Moovalur Ramamirtham Scheme
Work under the MGNREGA Scheme
The MNREGA scheme is used to carry out a variety of works, the specifics of which are as follows.
- Minor Irrigation
- water conservation
- land development
- flood control
- Gaushala construction work
- Rural connectivity construction
- Different types of housing construction
- Plantation under drought prevention
The information included in the MNREGA job card
Manrega, also known as an NREGA employment card, is a crucial document that is given to the beneficiary and contains information on the work it has completed. This information includes the following:
- Details about the MNREGA applicant: name, residence, gender, bank account number (or post office bank account number), father’s name, etc.
- Employment/Job Documents: References to the worker’s prior employment are documented in this document.
- Picture of NREGA job card holder: This card has a picture of the worker on it that serves as identification.
- Details about open positions: In this document, the date and the number of days the employee is available for work are mentioned.
- Information on unemployment benefits payments: This document records the employee’s unemployment benefits if, after 15 days, he is still unemployed.
- We would like to notify you that job card holders who have not received employment after 15 days are eligible for unemployment benefits under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act.
Eligibility for MGNREGA Job Card
- The candidate must be older than 18 in order to qualify for the MNREGA plan.
- Only people who live in rural areas are eligible to apply for this initiative.
- Applicants for this scheme may be those who are willing to perform unskilled labor.
- Aadhar card
- identity card
- Ration card
- caste certificate
- Address proof
- income certificate
- Bank passbook
- Passport Size Photo
- mobile number
How to apply for an MGNREGA Job Card?
The following is the application process for an MNREGA job card:
- Initially, you need to go to MNREGA’s official website.
- You must select the “Generate Reports” option located in the “Gramme Panchayat” part of the website’s home page.
- The list of all states will show up in front of you after you click. You must decide which kingdom to join.
- This will bring up a new page where you have to fill in all the necessary information, like the financial year, block, district, and panchayat.
- The next step is to select the “Proceed” option.
- You will soon receive a registration form with the required information on it, as well as an application for an employment card. This information includes the applicant’s name, the address, the class, the age, the house number, the date of registration, passport-sized photo, and their mobile number.
- You must select “Submit” once you have entered all the necessary data.
This will indicate that the MNREGA job card application process is complete.
Also Read:- Fame India Scheme
Q. When did the MGNREGA go into effect?
Ans- Former Prime Minister PV Narasimha Rao introduced the program in 1991. On August 23, 2005, however, the UPA Government, led by former prime minister Dr. Manmohan Singh, adopted the Act and made it a labor law.
Q. How do MNREGA and NREGA differ from one another?
Ans- The National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, or NREGA, was the original name of the program. In 2009, it was renamed the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act after merging with other rural employment schemes.
Suggested Link:- Our Jharkhand