PM Ujjwala Yojana: Prime Minister Narendra Modi introduced this program at Ballia, Uttar Pradesh, in May 2016 to assist women who were below the poverty line. In the past, village women had to use stoves to cook their meals since, as you may know, stoves utilize wood, cow dung, and other materials. In such circumstances, burning wood produces a lot of pollutants, which is bad for the environment, women, and children. Thus, the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana was launched by the government with all of these considerations in mind. Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman introduced this initiative, which states that the government will give free LPG cylinders to all BPL families. Should you choose to
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana: New Update
On August 10, 2021, PM Modi ji announced the commencement of PM Ujjwala Yojana 2.0. One crore low-income families would receive free LPG connections as a result of this. Eighty crore families were supplied before this. Beneficiaries of this program will receive a free LPG connection in addition to a free hotplate and first refill.
What has changed in the Ujjawala Scheme 2.0?
The government used to give financial help of Rs 1600 for an LPG connection earlier, under the Ujjwala initiative. Families receiving gas connections may also apply for interest-free stove and cylinder loans under this program. Under Ujjawala Scheme 2.0, the first cylinder refill is free in addition to the LPG connection. In addition, a gas stove will be provided at no cost.
The Ujjwala Yojana 2.0 application process now requires less paperwork and documentation. Affidavits and notaries public are not needed for KYC. Additionally, residents of other locations will have the option of self-declaration if they do not have a residence certificate. Migrant workers and employed persons will greatly benefit from this action.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- The Central Government introduced the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana as a program for women from low-income families.
- The government would provide women with free gas cylinders under this program.
- When a consumer buys a 14.2 kilogram gas cylinder under the arrangement, they won’t have to pay any interest for the first six refills; but, following the seventh filling, they will have to start paying EMI.
- For up to seventeen refills, you won’t be required to pay any interest if you purchase a 5-kg cylinder.
- Citizens who own 5 kilograms of gas cylinders will be eligible for the scheme’s provision of 8 cylinders in 3 months.
- Funds under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana will be moved to bank accounts.
Alos Read: Jal Jeevan Hariyali Yojana-2
Objectives of PM Ujjwala Yojana
The primary goal of the Central Government’s PM Ujjwala Yojana is to give free gas connections to all families in the nation who are unable to obtain gas connections because of their poor economic standing. Because of this, women who cook with wood or cow dung cakes on the stove are more likely to suffer from a variety of health issues, and the environment is further contaminated. In such cases, it is imperative to enhance the lives of women. In order to enable women to do this, Sakar offers them gas and an LPG cylinder as part of the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana.
Ujjwala Yojana Eligibility List
- A female candidate is required.
- A bank account is required for the applicant.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The applicant’s age must be more than eighteen.
- In order to be eligible for this program, the applicant must be impoverished.
- The application shouldn’t be connected to LPG already.
- A female adult from a low-income (BPL) home who is not connected to the LPG.
- The families of the applicants should not have received benefits from any other comparable program.
- With the exception of Assam and Meghalaya, all states require E-KYC.
- Aadhar card as identification and residency evidence. (In Assam and Meghalaya, not required.)
- food card or other paper with family members’ names on it.
Documents required for application in PMUY
The following information relates to all of the essential papers that applicants must have in order to apply for the PM Ujjwala Yojana. Without them, they will not be able to finish the application process.
- applicant’s aadhar card
- Voter ID Card
- Address proof
- bpl ration card
- mobile number
- passport-size photo
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2.0 Application Process
Candidates who wish to apply for the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana can do so by reading the instructions listed below, and by doing so, they will be able to profit from the program.
- Candidates must first visit the PM Ujjawala Scheme website in order to submit an online application.
- You must now choose the Click Hair option.
- Three options—Indane, Bharat Petroleum, and HP—will appear below on this page as soon as you click on this choice.
- Select the option that best suits your needs and click the “Click here to apply” button.
- Clicking the “Click here to apply” option will cause the form to open in front of you.
Also Read: Har Hith Store Yojana
- You should carefully input all the requested statistics on this application form, including your name and phone number.
- The generate choice button has to be clicked at this factor.
- You may be capable of following this way.
Check the PM Ujjwala Yojana status like this:
Applicants under the PM Ujjwala Yojana who are seeking gas connections may also check the status of their application online (Ujjwala Yojana Beneficiary Status) by following the instructions provided here.
- You should first go to the official website of the firm that provides your gas supply in order to ascertain the scheme’s current condition.
- Assuming that Bharat Gas Company is providing you with a cylinder, you will need to visit their official website.
- Click on the Ujjwala Beneficiary link that appears on the homepage.
- You will next need to choose your state and district on the following page.
- You must now enter the provided Captcha code and press the Submit button.
- Following this, your screen will display all of the information pertaining to the gas hookup.
- You may verify the status of the Ujjwala Yojana gas connection in this manner.
Also Read: UP Scholarship 2023–24
Q: How do I apply for Ujjwala Yojana Gas?
Ans: Applying for the scheme is a relatively simple process. To be eligible for the scheme’s advantages, any interested individual must complete the application and send it to the LPG distribution centre that is closest to them.
How can I know my name in the Ujjwala scheme?
Ans: You can contact the Ujjwal hotline at 1800-266-6696 or the toll-free number at 1800-233-3555 to check your PMUY list.
Q: What documents are required in the Ujjwala scheme?
Ans: Ration cards, Aadhar cards, bank accounts, proof of address, three colour photos, and a declaration form on 14 points must be provided.
Q: Who are the Ujjwala beneficiaries?
Ans: QAll SC/ST families, as well as those who receive Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) and Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) (Rural) but do not have an LPG connection, are covered by the programme. 3. Under this initiative, an adult woman from a family that makes less than the poverty threshold can get a free LPG connection.
Q: How much subsidy is available in the Ujjwala scheme?
Ans: The LPG cylinder subsidy offered under the Ujjwala plan has been raised by the government to Rs 300. During the cabinet meeting, the government made this choice. An earlier version of the Ujjwala scheme offered an LPG cylinder subsidy of Rs 200.
Q: What is Ujjwala 2.0’sA new connection?
Ans: Ujjwala 2.0: An extra 1.6 crore LPG connections under the PMUY programme, along with exclusive benefits, are given to immigrant households.
Suggested Link: NSP Status Check Updated