Pradhanmantri Fasal Bima Yojana: Initiative changed into commenced in india by means of the ministry of agriculture & farmers welfare, placed in new delhi, starting in the kharif season of 2016. over the direction of the last 5 seasons—rabi 2016–17, kharif & rabi 2017 and kharif & rabi 2018—countrywide coverage agency has blanketed eight states and two union territories, totaling 70,27,637 farmers. the agency started taking part in pmfby in rabi 2016. the overall premium for all 5 seasons is rs. 2362 crores, with farmers receiving a part ofRs. 453 crores and the state and crucial governments subsidizing rs. 1909 times the value. While we are still processing the claims for Rabi 18 and Kharif 18, we have finished the first three seasons with a gross top rate of rs. 1804 crores that we acquired from 35,22,616 farmers. of these claims, rs.
The Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, New Delhi, has released revised operational guidelines that provide all stakeholders with comprehensive information on the Scheme and are legally obligatory. The same is available for download at pmfby.gov.in.
Information about Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme
|Name of the Scheme
|Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
|by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
|start of plan
|on 13 may 2016
|Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
|farmers of the country
|To compensate farmers for crop related losses
|Maximum Claim Amount
|2 lakh rupees
|Procedure to apply
Objective of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana with the primary goal of giving farmers who have lost crops to natural disasters financial support. This will encourage farmers to adopt new, modern farming techniques and increase their income. to guarantee consistency and longevity in their farming. Farmers that lose crops are given varying sums of money by the government under this system. Countrywide farmers are eligible to enroll for this program and get benefits.
Information has to be given 72 hours in advance
Farmers are required by the Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme to notify the Agriculture Department of crop damage within 72 hours of a natural event causing crop loss. In addition, the farmer must file a formal complaint with the Agriculture Department of the District Administration. Additionally, you must record all specifics of your crop loss in writing. The District Administration Agriculture Department will take action as soon as they get the complaint. The insurance company receives information on this right away. Subsequently, the process of furnishing insurance coverage to the farmer commences upon obtaining the information from the insurance company.
Claim amount received under PM Fasal Bima Yojana
Farmers must file a loss claim in order to get the benefits of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana. In the event of crop loss or crop loss due to a natural disaster, a farmer may file an insurance claim. Under the Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme, different sums have been set aside for different crops. The highest claim amount for cotton production is Rs 36,282 per acre. For rice crops, Rs 17,639 for millet crops, Rs 18,742 for maize crops, and Rs 16,497 for moong crops, an insurance claim amount of Rs 37,484 is provided. Once the survey confirms crop damage, the farmers receive this claim amount in their bank accounts.
Main points of Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme
- Farmers who lose crops to natural disasters are provided with insurance coverage under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana.
- For Rabi crops, farmers are charged 1.5% premium under this plan; for Kharif crops, 2% premium; and for commercial and horticultural crops, 5% premium.
- Independent farmers that purchase crop insurance pay extremely low premiums.
- The government pays the maximum payment in order to ensure that no farmer is denied insurance coverage and to facilitate the easy reimbursement of losses sustained in a disaster.
- The farmer shall be entitled to the claim amount in the event that, upon harvesting, the crop is left in the field for 14 days and is missed during that time.
Also Read: Bihar Voter List
Which crops are included in PM Fasal Bima Yojana?
- Cereals, rice, wheat, millet, and other food crops
- Annual Commercial (Sugarcane, Cotton, Jute, etc.)
- Pulses: soybean, moong, urad, cowpea, gram, peas, and lentils, among others
- Oilseeds: soybean, sunflower, rapeseed, safflower, nigerseed, sesame, mustard, castor, cottonseed, groundnut, etc.
- Horticultural Crops: Papaya, Pineapple, Sapota, Tomato, Pea, Cauliflower, Apple, Mango, Orange, Guava, Litchi, Banana, Grapes, Potato, Onion, Cassava, Cardamom, Ginger, Turmeric
How to register online for Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana?
- One should first visit the reputable website of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana.
- The website’s principal web page will then seem in the front of you.
- You must select the Farmer Corner Apply for Crop Insurance on your own option on the main page.
- The Farmer Application page will then appear in front of you after this.
- which you must select the “Guest Farmer” option from.
- Clicking will cause the registration form to open in front of you.
- It is now your responsibility to thoroughly fill out this form with all the requested information. As-Farmer ID, Account Details, Farmer Details, and Residential Details
- You must enter the captcha code shown below after entering all the required data.
- You will next need to select the “Submit” option.
- Your application process will be finished in this manner.
How to know crop insurance amount and premium in PMFBY?
- You should first visit the pradhan mantri fasal bima yojana’s authentic website.
- The internet site’s foremost page will then appear in front of you.
- You have to select the coverage top rate calculator option from the principle page.
- Clicking will purpose a brand new page to open in front of you.
- To calculate the premium, you must enter all the information on this page.
- For example, you must choose the crop season (Rabi/Kharif), year, scheme name, state name, district name, and so on.
- Following this, you’ll need to enter the farm’s area in hectares.
- You must select the Calculate option once you have entered all the data.
- You will receive details regarding the quantity and premium of your crop insurance as soon as you click.
- This makes it simple to verify the premium amount for crop insurance under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana.
Process to apply offline for Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme
In the event that a farmer is unable to do so on his own, he may apply offline for crop insurance. You can apply offline with ease if you follow the instructions provided below.
- You must visit the bank that is closest to you in order to apply offline.
- You will need to obtain the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana application form by visiting that location.
- Following that, you will need to carefully fill out the application form with all the required information.
- Once you have filled out the form completely, you will need to attach the required papers.
- You will then need to return this application form to the bank directly.
- You will receive an application slip after submitting the form, which you must keep with you at all times.
- Your offline application process will be finished in this manner.
- In addition, you can apply offline for crop insurance if you’d like.
Also Read: Bihar Mukhya Mantri Udyami Yojana
How to download PM Fasal Bima Yojana mobile app?
The Central Government has released the Crop Insurance mobile app to facilitate the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana. Farmers can conveniently access a wide range of services, including registration, details on crop insurance premium amounts, and crop loss claims, by using this app. The following is the procedure for downloading the Crop Insurance App.
- You must first access the Play Store on your smartphone.
- You will then need to enter Crop Insurance into the search box to begin your search.
- Following this, a number of search results will show up for you; you must choose the official app at this point.
- You must now select the Install option.
- The application will eventually download to your smartphone when you click.
- You will find it easy to obtain any kind of crop insurance information after you have downloaded the app.
Q: What are the benefits of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana?
Ans: A program called the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana is managed for the advantage of farmers. This provides farmers with compensation in the event that any type of natural disaster damages their crops. As a result, the government is able to assist an increasing number of farmers throughout the nation during difficult times.
Q; When was the Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme started?
Ans: On January 13, 2016, Honorable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi announced the launch of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY).
Q: Explain what is Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana?
Ans: The Indian government’s Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana program pays farmers a bonus in an effort to partially mitigate the loss of crops to natural catastrophes.
Q: How much money is available in Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme?
Ans: Different sums have been set aside for different crops under the Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme. Cotton crops are allotted a maximum of Rs 36,282 per acre, while paddy crops are given Rs 37,484; millet crops are given Rs 17,639; maize crops are given Rs 18,742; and moong crops are given Rs 16,497.